Sunday, August 14, 2011

Heartbroken

Tonight I skyped with my children.  The three little ones are doing great with Nanny and Paw PAw.  My Madigan, whom I always think is sooo old and indifferent to my absence, is taking it very hard.  Her face online looked pitifully depressed.....She should not have to be with out her mom for 20 days at only 9 years old.  So while the two newbies are off with Michael watching Cars 2 in Latvian,  I am resentful of having to leave my other kids for SUCH a long period of time.  I understand the need to protect Natalija and Dima from potentially abhorrent situations, such as child trafficking, but it is so hard on my Madigan.....

4 comments:

  1. Your Madigan is fine. We are keeping her busy. She is such a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were both gone from our 3 bio kids for 4 weeks and me for an entire 6 weeks without a break to come home because of how the UKR adoption process works. They'll survive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby! Sorry she and you are so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are resilient. While the time apart is hard, it's amazing to see how they cope. I was always amazed by my sweet girl when Daddy would deploy.

    ReplyDelete