Sunday, August 14, 2011

grumbles

Michael and I will need serious chiropractic work when we return to the states.  These beds are killing us.  They are squishy and more suited to children.  Last night, the disco dance hall was kicking downstairs and at about 1, my head was pounding to the beat too.  It lasted hours.  Then I got to sleep and woke to bear like snoring...."Michael!  Roll OVER!"  Only it wasn't Michael, it was DIma, snoring as loud as a fat old man.  SO, back to sleep, then THWACK!  THWACK!  It was Natalija's head smacking up against my bed, repeatedly.  Poor child is going to have a darn concussion.  So I woke her and tried to explain she was hitting her head on the box type bed frame.  And now it's 11:30 and I am, once again, feeling like a crippled, wretched zombie.  I need a masseuse!!!!

If you come to Daugavpils, BRING EARPLUGS!  I am the type that can hear my kids feet hit the floor in the middle of the night, so it's been tough to get used to all the noise.  The cars do not bother me--that's white noise--it's the music and people that are difficult to ignore.

Today we have no plans.  The kids are watching Lord of the Rings in Latvian with Russian subtitles.  The same guy reads all the English movies, all characters, which cracks Michael and I up.  THe women, kids, men all have the same voice.

Countdown to Riga!

No comments:

Post a Comment